The carbon footprint is a measure of the exclusive global amount of carbon dioxide (CO2) and other greenhouse gases emitted by a human activity or accumulated over the full life cycle of a product or service.
The carbon footprint can be efficiently and effectively reduced by using a Carbon Diet or applying the following steps:
* Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) to accurately determine the current carbon footprint.
* Identification of hot-spots in terms of energy consumption and associated CO2-emissions.
* Where possible, changing to another electricity company to switch to buying electricity from renewable sources (from wind turbines, solar panels or hydroelectrical plants -or- from nuclear power plants.
* Optimisation of energy efficiency and, thus, reduction of CO2-emissions and reduction of other GHG emissions contributed from production processes.
* Identification of solutions to neutralise the CO2 emissions that cannot be eliminated by energy saving measures.
* Simply enter the appropriate values( where applicable ) into the carbon calculator below and see your overall carbon footprint
and the ways you can reduce.